Here are some of our picks for the best prepaid cards to use when you shop online.
- American Express® Serve® The American Express® Serve® is a popular prepaid card for a number of reasons.
- PayPal Prepaid MasterCard®
- Netspend Mastercard® or Visa®
- Chase Liquid.
- Simple Visa® Card.
Which prepaid card is best for online purchases?
7 Best Reloadable Credit Cards Online (2019)
- Pink Netspend® Visa® Prepaid: Best for Direct Deposit.
- Brink’s Prepaid Mastercard®: Best for Everday Use.
- NetSpend® Visa® Prepaid Card: Best for Flexibility.
- Chase Liquid® Prepaid Visa®
- BlueBird® by American Express®: Best for Budgeting.
- American Express® Serve®: Best for Onsite Shopping.
Can you buy things online with a debit card?
Your debit card will work online. But debit cards are not a good way to pay when you shop online. Credit cards are safer to use when you buy things online: You might have a problem with something you buy online.
Can you use a prepaid card for online shopping?
They are technically debit cards– when you use them, you’re spending your own money, not the bank’s. Because prepaid cards are associated with major card networks – Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover – they can be used anywhere debit cards can: to buy groceries, gas up your car, even pay bills online.
Should you use your debit card online?
As much as you might resist it, debit cards should not be used to pay for online transactions; a credit card is always safer for e-commerce. You’re not as protected against fraud when you use a debit card, and disputes with those cards can be difficult to resolve.